HCCU Overdraft Options
Transfer from another account - Savings Transfer services apply to all types of transactions and may help protect your account from being overdrawn by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from another account.
- Automatically moves money from another deposit account to checking to pay for overdrafts, as long as funds are available.
- Pays overdrafts at $5 per transfer.
Line of Credit – This personal line of credit tied to your HCCU checking account offers you protection for emergencies and unexpected expenses. This loan will save you money on returned check and overdraft charges in the event of an accidental overdraft1.
- Automatic protection with no per-item overdraft fees.
- Access cash when you need it for large or unexpected expenses.
- Flexible repayment options.
To apply for an Overdraft Line of Credit, visit one of our branches or call (406) 443-5400.
Standard Coverage - Overdraft Privilege is a discretionary service automatically provided to all eligible accounts. It is designed to help guard against having items returned or declined due to an overdraft. Overdraft Privilege allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee on checks, bill pay items, and recurring debits3.
- When used, there is a fee of $28 per paid transaction.
- Total overdrafts cannot exceed your disclosed amount, including fees.
- Members have 32 days to bring the account back to positive status.
- Overdraft Privilege is a benefit and does not require credit approval.
Extended Coverage - Extended Coverage is an extension of Standard Coverage; it is available to cover overdrafts caused by ATM and everyday debit card transactions in addition to check, bill pay items, and recurring debits in addition to what Standard Coverage offers.
How to Give Consent for Extended Coverage
Use the options below if you're interested in extending your Overdraft Privilege coverage to include ATM and everyday debit card transactions:
- Call us at (406) 443-5400.
- Visit one of our convenient branch locations.
- Complete the Extended Coverage Consent Form, which is available online or at any branch location.
1Overdraft lines of credit are subject to credit approval.
2Accounts will be charged the standard Overdraft fee of $28 for handling each overdraft created by check, ACH, Point-of-Sale, ATM withdrawal, in-person withdrawal, or other electronic item that is paid and $28 for items returned. An overdrawn balance must be repaid within thirty-two (32) days. We may not pay items under your Overdraft Privilege if you do not maintain your account in good standing by bringing your account to a positive balance within every thirty-two (32) day period for a minimum of 24 hours, if you default on any loan or other obligation to Helena Community Credit Union or if your account is subject to any legal or administrative order or levy.
3If you do not want Overdraft Privilege, simply contact HCCU and we will provide you with a form to remove this benefit from your account. Before discontinuing Overdraft Privilege, please consider that there is no additional cost for Overdraft Privilege and by choosing to remove this benefit, you are instructing us to return unpaid all items presented against insufficient funds. If you opt-out, you will still be charged our $28 returned item fee. Members who receive Social Security, federal direct deposit, or any other entitlement benefit must opt-out if they do not want HCCU to apply those funds to pay an overdraft.