At Helena Community Credit Union, we believe in and have a responsibility to support the communities we serve. We participate in and lead many local events that help make Our Community a better/safer place to live. We exist in part to look for opportunities to volunteer organizational time, talent and support by participating in community projects and local school events. We are actively involved in Helena’s Night to Shine, Symphony Under the Stars, Governor’s Cup, and support Carroll College athletics. Our Mission - Relevant. Resilient. Provide for today. Protect for tomorrow. One Person, One Family, One Community at a time – is alive every day at Helena Community Credit Union.
We are looking for an experienced financial controller, or comptroller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management. The Controller will lead and direct the work of HCCU’s accounting team.
- Manage accounting functions to include AP, AR, budgets, fixed asset management, cash flow, cost management, credit and collections, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, GL, investments, payroll, and taxes.
- Implement policies and procedures for the accounting department and insure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations, and are communicated to and implemented by subordinates.
- Reconcile revenue reports, unbilled variances, special projects, payroll and timesheet reports, and claims disbursements. Prepare daily balance sheet (loan and share) analysis. Prepare daily cash position analysis.
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries. Provide end-of-month close and produce monthly financial statement. Prepare or assist with incurred cost and provisional rate reports as necessary.
- Ensure that all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and that the accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Lead, supervise and maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff through regular performance feedback, challenging projects and resolving employee conflicts.
- Develop and implement processes to streamline credit union accounting procedures.
- Develop and maintain complex computer-based analyses and reports of credit union accounting records on a regular basis.
- Conduct special accounting studies, analyses, and special projects as requested by management.
- Monitor cost control activities. Approve and implement cost control strategies on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting, financial analyses, cash management, and forecasting reports on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for preparation of budgets and periodic analysis of budget variance.
- Hold periodic staff meetings. Identify areas for improvement, changes in procedures, new developments, or changes in services. Keep staff up to date on trends and general credit union information. Serve as the credit union’s liaison with regulatory agency examiners and auditors.
- Coordinate corporate regulatory reporting and interface with external auditors and examiners.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, two to five years of successful experience in a similar position, and 10+ years of progressively responsible related experience.
- The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
- Proficient with spreadsheets and word processing software. Advanced understanding of accounting procedures.
- Preferred: candidates with Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Substantial repetitive movement of arms, wrists, hands and fingers, including picking up, pinching, typing.
- Requires normal movement through standard office environment such as occasional bending, stooping, frequent sitting, walking short distances.
- Must be able to communicate through the spoken and written word, expressing ideas of documenting others expression of ideas.
- May occasionally be required to attend meetings or perform work related functions outside of regular business hours.
- Periodic exposure to outside elements via travel to other offices.
- Position involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, interspersed with standing and walking.
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Exemption Status: Exempt
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD/Life (employer paid), HSA contribution (employer paid), paid-time-off, retirement plan (with generous employer match), and supplemental insurance available.
- Bondable: Must be bondable.
- Pre-employment criminal background check required.
- Required Materials: Cover letter, Resume, Three Professional References
To apply for this opportunity please email cover letter (please include salary requirements) and resume to email@example.com.
HCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/VGo to main navigation