Financial Services Lead
At Helena Community we believe in and have a responsibility to support the communities we serve. We participate in and lead many local events that help make Our Community a better/safer place to live. We exist in part to look for opportunities to volunteer organizational time, talent and support by participating in community projects and local school events. We are actively involved in Helena’s Night to Shine, Symphony Under the Stars, Governor’s Cup, and support Carroll College athletics. This is why we are Organic, Sustainable and Local.
Responsible for performing a broad variety of member services including interviewing applicants and closing loans by telephone or in person, opening and closing accounts including CDs and IRAs, assisting members with account problems or questions, and offering products and services to best meet the needs of the membership. Performs a variety of monitoring and mentoring functions, helping to assure appropriate procedures are being followed. Responsible for coaching branch staff for performance to ensure team goals are achieved. Supervises designated staff; performing required supervisory functions as needed.
- Well versed on all Credit Union products and services.
- During member or potential member contact, consistently gathers extensive information, analyzes needs, evaluates and explores options and guides members to the appropriate products and services.
- Actively and professionally cross sells all Credit Union products and services, including Credit Life and Disability, GAP, Extended Warranty for loans and all other appropriate types of products such as checking, investment opportunities, etc.
- Interviews and assists members with applications for loans and other Credit Union services. Determines appropriate loan alternatives according to the needs of the member. Calculates terms, finance charges, fees, insurance rates, etc. on loans for proper disclosure on promissory notes.
- Opens and closes all account types including IRAs; continuously works with the maintenance of such accounts; performs file maintenance on all types of accounts.
- Obtains all appropriate and applicable identification data as required by the BSA and other laws; submits CTRs, SARs and makes other reports as required and appropriate.
- Provides coaching to Financial Services Representatives regarding additional information needed, possible options for members, financial counseling needed, etc...
- Assumes responsibility for the daily flow and coordination of the Member Services area including: establishing and maintaining professional standards, policies and procedures for the area consistent with overall operations of the credit union, maintaining adequate staffing levels at all times.
- Communicates regularly and as needed with other management regarding activities and needs, ensuring staff needs and company needs are met.
- Responsible for training and coaching for product awareness.
- In collaboration with the VP, Financial Services, performs related supervisory functions for staff directly supervised, including contributing to hiring, discipline, evaluating, educating, goal setting, or reward processes, etc. Develops and/or arranges for appropriate in-service and orientation training for all applicable staff, and assists in same for other staff as needed.
- Coaches staff toward development and accomplishment of goals which reflect Credit Union philosophy and support objectives.
- Participates in strategic planning and development, research, review and implementation of products, services, procedures and technologies beneficial to our membership.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with Credit Union personnel and management. Strives to promote a team atmosphere within the Credit Union and functional area. Attends meetings as required.
- Serves as Credit Union advocate, representing HCCU in a courteous and professional manner by conducting oneself appropriately at all times in manner, dress and actions. Maintains and projects the Credit Union’s professional reputation.
- Assists with and is responsible for general monitoring of security during the daily operations of the Credit Union, including possible opening and closing of the building, monitoring of those present in the facility and their purpose, being aware of and able to implement security procedures, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of two years prior experience in supervisory or similar level of responsibility preferred.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills required.
- Excellent math, organizational, business writing skills, and attention to detail required.
- Ability to type and operate general office equipment and computer software required.
- A minimum two years prior experience completing loan and other financial product applications, and gathering financial background information.
- Prior experience conducting customer needs analysis.
- Must have knowledge of, and comply with all laws, rules and regulations which apply to financial institutions, particularly credit unions, including the BSA and anti-terrorism laws.
- Effectively interview members and prospective members, analyze situations and data and direct member toward most appropriate product.
- Experience with or the ability to work with and lead a team.
- B.A./B.S. Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related degree. A comparable combination of experience and education may substitute for this preference.
- Management and Lending Experience in a financial institution.
- Limited lines producer license.
- Notary Public.
- Prior experience with Episys core system.
- Substantial repetitive movement of arms, wrists, hands and fingers, including picking up, pinching, keyboard use, telephone use.
- Requires movement through standard office environment such as occasional bending, stooping, frequent sitting, walking short distances.
- Must be able to communicate through the spoken and written word, expressing ideas or documenting others expression of ideas.
- Occasionally required to move records or stacks of papers from one point to another within the office area, requiring possible lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Exemption Status: Hourly, non-exempt
- Work Schedule: 8 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday. Volunteer Saturday shifts between 9am-1pm.
- Required to attend meetings outside of regular work hours.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD/Life (employer paid), HSA contribution (employer paid), paid-time-off, retirement plan (with employer match), and supplemental insurance available.
- Bondable: Must be bondable
- Pre-employment background check required
- Required Materials: Cover letter, Resume, Three Professional References
- Posting Date: 11/4/16
- Closing Date: 11/30/16
How To Apply
To apply for this opportunity please email cover letter (please include compensation requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/VGo to main navigation