Financial Services Representative (FSR)
At Helena Community our Mission is "Relevant. Resilient. Provide for today. Protect for tomorrow. One person one family, one community at a time." At HCCU we embrace our responsibility to our community every day. We participate in and lead many local events that help make Our Community be a better/safer place to live. We look for opportunities to volunteer organizational time, talent and support by participating in community projects and local school events. We are actively involved in Helena’s Night to Shine, Symphony under the Stars, Governor’s Cup, and support Carroll College athletics.
Responsible for performing a broad variety of member services, including accepting incoming consumer loan applications through walk in, online, inbound and outbound calls; signing and funding approved applications, opening and closing of accounts including CDs and IRAs, assisting members with questions, and cross-sells appropriate Credit Union products and services. Is regularly the primary contact for many members.
- Responsible for the effective and professional performance of the functions described below:
- Receiving members personally or by telephone and resolving member requests and questions promptly and courteously; performs interviews with members to either directly assist, or determine most appropriate route of assistance for the member or potential member;
- Gathering basic loan and financial information; presenting and explaining Credit Union services and products to members and potential members; provides basic financial counseling and assists in guiding them to the proper resources to meet their financial needs;
- Interviews and assists members with accurate and complete applications for loans and other products and services. Receives, reviews and processes appropriate loan paperwork. Determines appropriate loan alternatives according to the needs and abilities of the Member;
- Receives, reviews and submits applications to underwriter. .
- Makes arrangements for processing of approved loans;
- Calculates terms, finance charges, insurance premiums, etc. on loans for proper disclosure on promissory notes;
- Opens and closes all account types and continuously works with the maintenance of such accounts; performs file maintenance on all types of accounts;
- Quotes loan payoffs as needed;
- Disburses loans promptly and accurately, and assists in the maintenance of loan accounts (loading data, etc.);
- Assists members with NADA prices on vehicles;
- Ensures that service requests and interview information is properly documented, and that services are provided in accordance with established Credit Union policies and are in compliance with all applicable legal regulations;
- Assists with maintaining CD and IRA accounts and answers members IRA and CD questions;
- Complies with BSA and other applicable laws, rules and regulations; submits CTRs, SARs and makes other reports as required and appropriate.
- Actively and professionally cross sells Credit Union products and services.
- Promotes a team atmosphere within the Credit Union and functional area. Attends meetings as required.
- Delivers exceptional member service.
- High school diploma or equivalent required with a minimum of one year similar customer service-type experience in the financial industry required.
- Excellent communication and marketing skills required
- Good math, organizational, and business writing skills, and attention to detail required.
- Ability to type and operate general office equipment and computer software required.
- Prior experience completing loan and other financial product applications, and gathering financial background information.
- Prior experience conducting customer needs analysis.
- Must have knowledge of, and comply with all laws, rules and regulations which apply to financial institutions, particularly credit unions, including the BSA and anti-terrorism laws.
- Effectively interview members and prospective members, analyze situations and data and direct member toward most appropriate product.
- Experience as member service representative and/or lending related function in a financial institution.
- Limited lines producer license.
- Notary Public.
- Prior experience with Episys core system.
- Substantial repetitive movement of arms, wrists, hands and fingers, including picking up, pinching, keyboard use, telephone use.
- Requires movement through standard office environment such as occasional bending, stooping, frequent sitting, walking short distances.
- Must be able to communicate through the spoken and written word, expressing ideas or documenting others expression of ideas.
- Occasionally required to move records or stacks of papers from one point to another within the office area, requiring possible lifting up to 10 pounds.
Exemption Status: Hourly, non-exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time
Rate of Pay: DOE
Work Schedule: M – F / 8:00 – 5:00 pm
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD/Life (employer paid), HSA contribution (employer paid), paid-time-off, retirement plan (with employer match), and supplemental insurance available.
Bondable: Must be bondable.
Pre-employment background check required
Required Materials: Cover letter and resume
Open Date: Immediately
To apply for this opportunity please email cover letter (please include compensation requirements) and resume to email@example.com.
HCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/VGo to main navigation