mortgage loan officer Job Opening
Position: Mortgage Loan Officer
We are recruiting applicants that are interested in joining our professional real estate team of processors and originators. This is a great opportunity for an experienced loan processor seeking to advance their career to the next step as a loan originator with Helena Community Credit Union. Our loan origination professionals are comfortable accepting walk-in visits generated from robust in-house lead generation. Our loan originators also respond to inbound phone calls, product and service questions, and are comfortable working as part of a team to originate, process and close loans.
Expectation of our Mortgage Loan Officers
- Responsible for all phases of mortgage loan origination activities, including, but not limited to:
- Interviewing members and potential members regarding their real estate loan needs, desires and capabilities;
- Understanding and knowing our products and service offerings, and real estate options;
- Assists members with loan applications and works up loan;
- Opens and closes all account types and continuously works with the maintenance of such accounts, performing file maintenance on all account types;
- Reviews loan applications in a timely manner;
- Set up loan application files; orders appraisals, credit reports and title reports;
- Resolves loan application problems, assists applicants with addressing credit report problems, low appraisals, low wage levels, and high debt ratios, resolves conditions of underwriting;
- Communicates application status to borrower, seller, realtor and title company;
- Prepares files for closing and services;
- Prepares monthly status report in conjunction with Real Estate Loan Processor;
- Obtains all appropriate and applicable identification data as required by the BSA –RESPA-TILA-FACTA-HMDA-ECOA and other regulations and makes other reports as required and appropriate; and
- Responsible for rate locks, issuance of disclosures, overage/underage and fee waivers.
- Works within community and outside credit union analyzing potential loan market to develop prospects for new loans.
- Closes and funds real estate loans, including Home Equity loans.
- Performs all tasks while striving to maintain the highest ethical standards.
- Serves as Credit Union advocate, representing HCCU in a courteous and professional manner by conducting oneself appropriately at all times in manner, dress and actions. Maintains and projects the Credit Union’s professional reputation.
- Performs all functions in the safest manner possible and according to Credit Union procedure, assuring the safety of other employees and members.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years prior similar experience required.
- Secondary education in related field or training or certification in Mortgage Lending required. Applicable experience in lieu of education may be preferred at management’s discretion with preference given to those with an understanding and prior experience with mortgage loan processing functions, including FHA/VA, HMDA, RESPA,, FDPA, ECOA, TILA, Montana Board of Housing, Rural Development, construction and conventional lending.
- Sales experience is required. Applicable equivalent education or combination of education and experience may be accepted at management’s discretion.
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Exemption Status: Salary, non-exempt
- Work Schedule: M – F / 8:00 – 5:00 pm (occasional weekends)
- Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life (employer paid), HSA contribution, paid-time-off, retirement plan (with employer match), and supplemental insurance available.
- Bondable: Must be bondable
- Background Check: Required
- Licenses: NMLS, preferred
- Required Materials: Cover Letter and Resume
- Open Date:
- Close Date: Until Filled
To learn more about Helena Community Credit Union to our website at www.thecu4u.org
To apply for this opportunity please email cover letter (please include salary requirements) and resume to email@example.com.
You may also use snail mail, by mailing your resume and cover letter to Helena Community Credit Union, PO Box 159, Helena, Montana 59624, Attention Human Resources.
All materials must be received by the recruitment closing.
HCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/VGo to main navigation