real estate loan processor
Position: real estate loan processor
Responsible for providing support services for all first mortgage loan processing activities, including receiving and reviewing loan applications, obtaining necessary information and preparing documents for underwriting and closing, as well as communicating loan status with involved parties. Does similar activities for home equity loans and assists other member service staff with same. Cross-sells appropriate Credit Union products and services.
Expectation of our Loan Processors
- Assists members with accurate and complete applications for loans and other products and services.
- Sets up loan application files. Orders appraisals, credit reports, title reports, homeowner insurance records, flood insurance certificates, title commitments, verification of employment etc.
- Ensures all necessary items are available for underwriting.
- Resolves loan application problems.
- Assist with preparing for and coordinating mortgage loan closings.
- Obtains all appropriate and applicable identification data as required by the BSA-OFAC- TILA- RESPA- FACTA –ECOA and other regulations; and makes other reports as required and appropriate.
- Actively and professionally cross sells Credit Union products and services.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one year prior similar customer service-type experience required.
- Able to accurately complete loan and other product applications.
- Must be detail oriented with good math skills and analytical skills.
- Strong emphasis on public relations skills.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with our Real Estate providers, members, and internal team.
- Preference given to those with an: 1) understanding and prior experience and/or training with mortgage loan and home equity loan processing functions, including FHA/VA, MBOH, Rural Development, construction and conventional lending, and 2) Real Estate underwriting experience.
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
- Rate of Pay: $14.96 (starting)
- Work Schedule: M – F / 8 am – 5 pm. Occasional weekends.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD/Life (employer paid), HSA contribution (employer paid), paid-time-off, retirement plan (with employer match), and supplemental insurance available.
- Must be bondable.
- Pre-employment background check required
- Posting Date:
- Closing Date: Until Filled
To learn more about Helena Community Credit Union go to our website at www.thecu4u.org
To apply for this opportunity please email cover letter (please include salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also use snail mail, by mailing your resume and cover letter to Helena Community Credit Union, PO Box 159, Helena, Montana 59624, Attention Human Resources.
All materials must be received by the recruitment closing.
HCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/VGo to main navigation